Friday, August 24, 2012

Armed and possibly dangerous.

It's been awhile since my last post, which was a rather emo one. My little booger has just gone down for a nap, so I thought I'd write a post. Between Ellie, Rei, friends and family, I'm keeping busy, which is a good thing. It's nice to have other things to think about.
This month I'm trying some new things to help speed things along (no, pervs, I don't mean in the bedroom). I've gotten two ovulation testers, one for saliva and one for urine (oh come on, would "pee" really have sounded any nicer?), nothing exciting with either of those yet. Even knowing that I am actually ovulating would be nice at this point.
My best friend also got me an angel made out of rose quartz for my necklace. Rose quartz is supposed to aid in fertility. I'm a bit of a believer in crystals and those sorts of things, so I love it. It's a pretty little charm regardless.
If none of the above help me out, and we are not successful again this month, then I think it's time to go back to my doctor. I'm not very keen on IVF, but there are a lot of options to come before we have to think about that, and I think it's time we started considering some of them.
I'm also thinking about looking into some Chinese medicine. It can't hurt to try. Well, I guess the acupuncture side could hurt a little.

I'm also realising that I do have a ways to go before it's time to really hit the panic button. A lovely friend of mine is having a lot more trouble than me, for entirely different reasons, and hearing her story the other day just broke my heart. I really pray that they will be successful soon.
I guess what I'm saying is that sometimes some perspective is a good thing. In the scheme of things, it could be far worse for Rei and I. I just have to keep on keeping on and hope that we get somewhere soon.

I'm loving all your feedback, guys. Thank you so much. Please keep it coming.

4 comments:

  1. Ah the joys of OPKs...
    Are you charting also?

    Good luck!! You make the most adorable babies :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lovely. Yes, I am charting. It's a bit depressing looking at the moment, but once I work out my cycle a bit better I'll share it.
      Aw, thanks. I'm a teeny bit partial to my Ellie La!

      Delete
    2. I was charting for awhile but needed a break from it. On one hand I really like knowing if/when I ovulate, but on the other hand, I hate having to stick a thermometer in me every day. lol

      Delete
    3. Yes, I think it can become a little compulsive. Even the ovulation test kits make me stress a little. I'm now worried that I'm not actually ovulating at all, which will be fun and games for all.
      They made this sound so easy in sex Ed!

      Delete