Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The verdict

I'll be glad when this week is over, I feel like it's lobbing things at me left, right and centre.
Monday I went for the blood tests that my doctor had ordered. My Dad likes to call Dorevitch "The Vampires", and after Monday's effort I'm tending to agree with him. They took so much blood I half expected to hear the slurping noise like you get when trying to drink the last of a milkshake with a straw.
Tuesday was my scan. An internal one, which is always just lovely, nothing like a camera up the vajutz.
Then yesterday I went to my doctor for the results of both. Apparently my bloods are very good as far as general health goes, but my hormones were "funky", and showed that I haven't ovulated this month. The scan showed a thicker than usual endometrial lining, as well as some growths that are most likely polyps. My ovaries also have more cysts than they did in February.
I've been referred to my local hospital to have a curette ASAP, which will happen hopefully by the end of the year. So until then, no babies for us.
I guess once I've had the curette done, I'll address the fact that I'm not ovulating properly/at all.
I won't lie, I'm a bit scared. I don't like things being wrong with me, let alone with my girly bits. And then I worry that it's more than something simple, and the big C word floats around my head.
I think if I manage to have another baby, I might just get a full hysterectomy. Seems easier than dealing with all of this!

3 comments:

  1. Hey just so you know, after following a paleo diet strictly since January, and with over 35 follicles on one ovary and over 27 on the other, I am now 8 1/2 weeks pregnant without any Dr's intervention or with the help of any drugs. We are calling it our miracle baby, but I truly feel that it was cutting out all grains and hydrogenated oils from our diet. On marksdailyapple.com there are heaps of women with pcos who have reversed their condition just by cutting out the processed foods and getting off drugs. I really hope you get your second baby, but I truly think that it would help (if you're not already doing it) by cutting out some conventional wisdom and going with primitive methods. I figured, everyone in the pre agricultural era would have bred like rabbits, now we live in an age of highly refined food, with a huge amount of it being genetically altered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. I'm actually living mostly Paleo myself. It's the only thing that has helped me with weight loss, and I truly have more energy now that I have ever had.
      Thanks so much for your comment, and congrats on your pregnancy. I hope it's a smooth one =).

      Delete
    2. Crap, I just realised this is you, Kel! Congrats!!

      Delete